Brush Manufacturers and Suppliers Attend 63rd Annual Victor F. Miller Memorial Golf Tournament
For Immediate Release
The Mill-Rose Company held the 63rd annual Victor F. Miller Memorial Golf Tournament at Shaker Heights Country Club in Cleveland, Ohio on Thursday, June 22, 2023. Brush manufacturers and suppliers from around the world gathered for the annual event honoring The Mill-Rose Company’s past president, Victor F. Miller.
The golf event serves as the culmination of activities the week before where brush company representatives renew alliances, discuss business trends and opportunities for the brush manufacturing industry. Brushes manufactured by these companies are used in virtually every type of industry around the world. Applications include makeup/mascara brushes, hair brushes, floor sweeping and polishing brushes, gun cleaning brushes, car wash brushes, copier toner brushes, brooms, paint brushes, and special brushes used in the medical field.
The weather was perfect for the golfing event. Skills of the golfers ranged from novice to near professional, however, a good time was enjoyed by all. Prizes were awarded to golfers for outstanding performance including:
• First Place, Low Gross – Dan Kirtz (Malish Corp)
• Second Place, Low Gross – Jim Benjamin (Precision Brush)
• Third Place, Low Gross – Tie Breaker between Chris Monahan (Brush Fibers) and RJ Lindstrom (Zephyr Manufacturing) going to Chris Monahan
• Closest to the Pin – Ian “Lord” Moss (Brush Fibers)
• Closest to the Pin – Dan Kirtz (Malish Corp)
• Longest Putt, Ian “Lord” Moss (Brush Fibers)
• Longest Drive, RJ Lindstrom (Zephyr Manufacturing)
• Paul M Miller Wolf Championship, First Place, Chris Monahan (Brush Fibers)
• Last but not least, an award was given to Bart Simon, previously of Phillips Brush, for his dedication to the event. It was noted that his support of the Victor F. Miller Annual Golf event began in 1973, spanning 50 years!
A dinner followed the golfing event with speakers including ABMA President Chris Monahan who provided updates on upcoming industry events, including the 63rd annual FEIBP Congress in Belfast, Ireland, the 107th ABMA Convention in Amelia Island, Florida and the inaugural World Brush Expo being held in Bologna Italy, May 22-24, 2024.
“Tradition” was the keynote speech delivered by host Gregory Miller, stressing the importance of association activities like the Victor F. Miller golf event. “I’m always impressed by the support and camaraderie at our events that strengthen bonds and create opportunities within our great industry. Look within your own organizations and push the next generation to get involved in association and brush-related activities,” said Miller.
Everyone was encouraged to start making travel plans and arrangements for the 2024 World Brush Expo. The list of exhibitors continues to grow and the event is shaping up to be a world-class event.
About The Mill-Rose Company
The Mill-Rose Company is the largest U.S. manufacturer of twisted-in-wire brushes used in virtually every type of industry throughout the world. Mill-Rose is a family-owned organization, now in its third generation. Mill-Rose experienced significant growth from its humble beginnings in 1919, and today operates manufacturing and warehouse facilities throughout the United States and Mexico. A 64,000 square foot production facility in Mentor, Ohio and 33,000 square foot production facility in Mexico feature the latest in manufacturing techniques and quality-control programs. Manufacturing is complemented by a 70,000 square foot U.S. distribution center located in Mentor, Ohio.