Who we are
American Brush Manufacturers Association (ABMA): Our website address is: https://abma.org.
Why we collect data
The primary basis for the processing of personal data is to enable us to fulfill business obligations as part of a mutually agreed business transaction.
We also process personal customer data that is in the legitimate interests of ABMA, which include some or all of the following reasons:
- To meet our contractual obligations and to carry out the services that you have asked us to provide
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with our website
- To provide email communications which we think will be of interest to you
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
Whenever we process your personal data, we will always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so, please click here. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
How we collect data
Personal data is collected in one or more of the following ways:
- When you register for or update your company listing in the ABMA Directory
- When you sign up to receive our Newsletter
- When you contact us through the website
- When you communicate with us through email, by post or on the phone
- When you provide us with your contact details, for instance at an exhibition or show
Types of data we collect
Personal Data: We only ask for and collect personal data that we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers expect.
Types of personal information we may collect are: Your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and, where you have placed orders with us, payment information. In addition, we require you to provide the name of the business you represent and details of the goods and/or services your business offers. Our website it not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Google Analytics: When someone visits www.abma.org we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Mailing Lists: As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a variety of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check to make sure our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organizations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, YourMembership.com, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see YourMembership.com’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Transaction Data: When you purchase a membership, session, merchandise or make a donation online your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our membership management system, YourMembership.com. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
Third Parties: We do not share any of your personalized information with third parties.
Access to your personal information: You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer, Donna Frendt.